Office Assistant (60-65K)
Applications are invited from dynamic, self-driven and highly-motivated candidates to fill the above position. The post holders will be posted to major towns and will report to the Chief Administrative Officer.
JOB SUMMARY & DESCRIPTION
Job Category: Administration & Office Support. Nature of Employment: Full Time. Salary & Remuneration: Attractive. Reporting to: The Chief Administrative Officer. The job is a dual-role involving full spectrum human resources and office Administration responsibilities. This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in the following HR functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance. The office Administration component of this position is responsible for Supervising and coordinating overall administrative and office activities.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that the office is hospitable and is ideal working environment at all times
- Undertake Responsibility for management of the building, which includes but not limited to managing repairs, tenant issues, etc.
- Supervises the maintenance of overall office equipment and infrastructure
- Maintaining office documents, in part by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Monitoring office supplies, contracts and creating supply requisitions for approval
- Follow-up with clients for invoice payments and maintain a record of pending and cleared payments
- Organizing/Maintaining meeting records for both internal and external functions
- Supervising staff in Accounts, Administration and subordinates such as cleaners, drivers, etc Ensuring personnel files are up to date and secure
- Maintaining office Asset Management system, so as to ensure proper recording of assets issuance, transfer and disposal
- Administering various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel;
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee handbook and personnel policies and procedures, in conjunction with senior management.
- Performing benefits administration to include claims resolution and communicating benefit information to employees
- Handling employee relations and report to senior management on observations regularly Maintaining directory of employees, monitor deployment, attendance and discipline.
- Ensuring compliance with Government regulations concerning employment at all times Administer, NSSF,NHIF, Pension contributions, Medical Insurance and related matters Contributing to team effort by performing other tasks as needed
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATION
- Relevant Degree/Diploma from an accredited institution
- Sales and Support experience will be of added advantage
- 1-3 years experience in a similar position.
- Office administration procedures and practices
- Excellent computer and organization skills.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated individual with impeccable integrity.
- Client Service orientation
- Data entry skills
- Listening skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Judgmental skills
- Motivation skills
- Effective time management
- Attention to detail and Analytical
- Good Interpersonal relationships
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to write, think and work quickly without losing focus
- Passionate in a Client services environment
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & INSTRUCTIONS
Email your updated CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not submit copies of your academic certificates (these will be verified later).
Please quote Office Assistant (60-65K) in the email subject.
The closing date for this vacancy is 16th October 2017.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an aim to fill this position as soon as possible.
Delta Freight Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Business and Program Development Officer”.ADESO
The Business and Program Development Officer will provide leadership to the Organization’s positioning for and
pursuit of institutional and private sector donor resources, with an emphasis on various competitive funding mechanisms. S/he will provide business development expertise to cross-discipline and cross functional teams in the development of proposals to ensure the highest quality standards and competitiveness.
S/he will contribute to and support internal learning processes that improve business development practices to ensure
funding opportunities align with the Organization’s mission and objectives, enhance the Organization’s value propositions, and leverage innovative, evidence-based results into new revenue and programming. S/he will research and track upcoming opportunities through the capture planning stages and into final proposal production and negotiation. S/he will strengthen the capacity of country program staff and the technical units as appropriate, in
capture planning and proposal development and the introduction of new tools and best practices in coordination with organization-wide efforts from the Business Development community of practice.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree in Development, International Relations, or relevant field preferred; equivalent experience acceptable.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of international development experience, including at least 3 years working with an NGO in a developing country.
• Demonstrated experience leading and producing competitive proposals in programming contexts similar to Adeso
preferred. Comprehensive familiarity with technical and cost application requirements of main institutional donors preferred.
• Demonstrated experience managing people and processes; leading teams to produce deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
• Familiarity with relevant regulations and with the institutional agency-specific policies, procedures and priorities.
• Experience with staff and local partner capacity development and mentoring.
• Experience with implementation and management of awards.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting “Business and Program Development Officer” in the email subject matter, by October 22, 2017.
Each application should be addressed to the Regional Human Resources Manager and include the following:
• An updated CV; and
• An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer