Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Start ASAP
We’re on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. Join us.
Lynk is a startup which builds technology to connect blue collar workers in Kenya – from carpenters to cleaners – to jobs. In June 2017, we were awarded three of the four prizes by the Global Center for Youth Employment in NYC, for the most promising solution to youth unemployment globally. Our suite of products seeks to satisfy a breadth of consumer needs, which provide multiple channels to increased incomes for workers:
- Lynk Requests: A marketplace product enabling customers to request services in over 75 categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors, and receive shortlisted bids.
- Lynk Discover: An e-commerce product enabling workers on the platform to sell ready-to-buy products or services.
- Byld: A tech-based platform for the recruitment and management of workers on large construction sites.
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Lynk, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Marketing Intern will assist with the creation, management, and tracking of all our social media campaigns. Further, you will assist with the content creation for our blog, and with administrative tasks for the marketing department.
The intern will gain significant experience in the creation and management of social media campaigns, and will benefit from close mentoring from a senior leader within the Lynk team. Specific learning objectives include:
- Design & visual content: Creating visual content that is optimised for different platforms.
- Copywriting: Developing copywriting skills to instantly engage social media and blog audiences.
- Social media campaigns: Measure and analyze social media campaigns to develop relevant insights that inform our strategy
Successful candidates will meet all or most of these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, graphic design, or communications
- Portfolio that displays high level design skills
- Demonstrated evidence of running a blog
- Excellent writing and content creation skills
- Experience conducting market research in Kenya
- Experience running social media campaigns (please provide links to relevant handles)
- Flexible work attitude: ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly evolving work environment.
More about us:
At Lynk we make it easier for households and businesses to connect with high quality professionals. Currently we have verified professionals in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology we unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, we’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. We provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. We value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
To Apply: Please send your application and relevant supporting materials to email@example.com