The position will be responsible for day to day financial management of KMT including supporting the budget preparation and monitoring, working closely with the Finance Manager to develop financial policies and controls to enhance operational efficiency. The position will also support the preparation and coordination of periodic management and donor reports and ensure data integrity of the financial management system.
- Participate in the updating and review of KMT’s Finance policies, processes and procedures.
- Review payment vouchers to ensure all payments are reasonable, allowable and are adequately supported in compliance with KMT’s rules and regulations.
- Review journal vouchers for correctness of codes and completeness of information in line with the underlying supporting information.
- Review activity and travel advances to confirm accuracy, proper coding, completeness, budget availability, adequacy of supporting documents and adherence to organisation policies.
- Support the compilation and analysis of KMT’s budget and ensure the budget is accurate and loaded in time into the system.
- Support program teams and other departments in budget review and re-allocation as guided by the Finance Manager.
- Prepare variance reports between budget and actual expenditure on a monthly basis and share with the teams for internal management.
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports by market sector including the comparatives between actual and budgeted amounts.
- Reconcile and prepare monthly schedules for all control accounts in the balance sheets
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports and obtain necessary approvals.
- Participate in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports and any other ad hoc financial reports that may be requested ensuring they are accurate, complete and reliable.
- Ensure that the fixed asset register and schedules are consistently updated in liaison with the Administration Officer.
- Work with program and departmental teams and mentor them through information sharing, presentations to enable them link periodic projections to budgets, performance targets and deliverables.
- Participate and support the internal and external audit processes.
- Supervise the Accounts Assistant ensuring they have clear and measurable objectives for each appraisal period.
- A degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with Certified Public Accountant part III or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a busy accounting department and mostly handling reconciliation and management reporting. Experience in not-for- profit accounting is desirable.
- Demonstrate good management and coordination skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with excellent skills in Excel.
- High integrity, positive attitude and a team player.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating names of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for receiving applications is January 24, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.