Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
Are you a creative, energetic, self-starter interested in gaining hands-on experience in photography, media relations and social media management?
The communications team has the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Communications Fellow who is ready to start immediately.
A typical day for you at Sanergy will include:
- Capturing compelling imagery of our work through photography
- Maintaining Sanergy Online presence through development of engaging social media content
- Crafting interesting storylines and storyboards for digital content
- Visiting our customers to conduct interviews for success stories
- Maintaining Sanergy’s media archive
- Assisting the communications team in maintaining their editorial calendar
- Any other duty as may be assigned
Skills and qualifications you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or relevant related course
- Basic experience in the communications field
- A love for social media and up-to-dateness with current trends
- Demonstrable interest in the media and good knowledge of press contacts
- Ability to work well within a team and within tight deadlines
- A friendly, approachable and confident personality
- Passionate about the creative process
Does this sound like you?
CLICK HERE to submit your CV online and a summary of communication work you have done and its respective outcomes.
While the Sanergy Fellows are not provided monetary compensation, the experience gleaned from their time at Sanergy will benefit them for many years to come.
We are looking for a fellow with the desire, determination and energy to spend at least 3 months in East Africa pushing the frontiers of innovation. Join us!
Application deadline: 23rd January 2018.