East African Civil Society Forum – Kenya Chapter and Mombasa Port CSO Platform are inviting applications for position of:
The Coordinator will take the main responsibility of ensuring that all the programmes and activities of EACSOF Kenya Chapter are implemented as planned as well as to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Secretariat to enable it to play its rightful role in advancing Kenya’s regional integration agenda.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Coordinator will work directly with the EACSOF Kenya Chapter National Working Group, Kenya National Dialogue Committee, Host Organization (Collaborative Centre for Gender and Development (CCGD)) and the Mombasa CSOs Platform on Port Reforms while establishing close working relationship and linkages with EAC organs and Institutions, such as EALA, EAC Secretariat as well as relevant national Ministries, Departments and Agencies, Civil Society Organisations, Private Sector/Business Associations and other interest groups.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Coordinator will include:
(a) Support for National Dialogue Process
- Coordinate linkage between EACSOF Kenya Chapter, State Department of East African Affairs, Private Sector Organizations, other interest groups and other Government Institutions and agencies with regards to regional integration matters and consolidative dialogue process.
- Assist in mobilization of stakeholders and arrange for dialogue workshops on key national and regional issues.
- Liaise with the EAC secretariat, EALA Kenya Chapter and the SDEAA on upcoming events/issues to ensure timely preparations and effective participation by CSOs and other relevant stakeholders.
(b) Support for Mombasa Port Reform Initiatives
- Coordinate linkage between the CSOs and all relevant stakeholders with regards to port reform initiative and regional integration matters.
- Liaise with the Mombasa CSOs Coordinator to ensure that the Steering Committee (Board) of the Mombasa CSOs Platform has regular updates on activities of port reform processand ensure collaboration and synergy formation where necessary.
- Liaise with the Mombasa CSOs Coordinator to ensure proper understanding and good working relationship with the relevant County Departments.
- Liaise with the Mombasa CSOs Coordinator to ensure an updated record of allupcoming issues and activities to ensure that the CSOs get sufficient time to prepare and effectively participate in the Port initiatives.
(c) Support and Enhance Institutional Capacity
- Take lead in resource mobilization for EACSOF Kenya
- Coordinate all EACSOF Kenya Chapter networks and facilitate the recruitment of new members
- Ensure safekeeping and filing of all EACSOF’s documents
- Be responsible for network building and publicity of EACSOF Kenya to ensure national and regional visibility
- The Coordinator will prepare periodic report against the deliverables defined in the approved work plans and the Monitoring Plan.
- The Coordinator will also prepare brief activity-based reports and longer quarterly reports and submit to donor (Monitoring and Evaluation Team) and EACSOF’s National Working Group.
- The Coordinator will also produce quarterly and bi-annual newsletters to be shared with Donors and other stakeholders.
Duration and Location
The Coordinator will be engaged for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
The Coordinator is expected to be based at the Offices of Collaborative Centre for Gender and Development (where EACSOF is hosted) in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya but is expected to travel frequently within the country and the EAC region on official business.
EACSOF (K) COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS/PROFILE
The Coordinator will have the following qualifications/profile:
- Experienced project manager (project cycle management), with at least three year experience in policy advocacy
- Knowledge of financial management of projects including project cost control
- Thorough understanding of the functioning of EAC
- Should demonstrate extensive knowledge of the work and working environment of civil society organizations in Kenya and the EAC/Africa region
- A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Social Studies, Law, Education, Business Management, Development Studies, International Relations, Diplomacy or related social science discipline and demonstrated 5 year engagement in related work.
- A Master’s Degree is preferred with requisite 3 years’ experience
- Proven track record of working and contacts with the Government Ministries, State departments and Commissions; CSOs and PSOs.
- Knowledge of capacity building, coaching and mentoring is an added advantage
- Good diplomatic and inter-personal skills.
- Good communication skills: demonstrate strong report writing ability and working knowledge of relevant ICT including key computer packages.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relationship-building skills, and accustomed to building networks and coordination mechanisms across institutions.
- Proficient in both English and Kiswahili.
All interested Applicants will be required to email their cover letter on their suitability and experience as well as listing certificates & testimonials and attach detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com to reach us by 31st January, 2018 by 12.00 mid night.
Do not attach copies of academic certificates and other testimonials.
Websites: www.eacsofkenya.org or www.ccgdcentre.org