Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Sales Representative.
A pragmatic attitude towards operational business performance and high awareness of financial implications is a basic requirement.
Ensure the delivery of brand, category and customer objectives, whilst ensuring the delivery of agreed sales and distribution targets.
Act as the internal and external ‘Customer Champion’ ensuring customer relationships are established and maintained through partnership, collaboration and co-creation.
Create and implement a customer account plan (Key Accounts and relevant Customers) that
Ensure the delivery of brand, category and customer objectives, whilst ensuring the delivery of agreed sales, profit, pricing and distribution targets.
To steer the region’s growth by adapting strategies as set by the company to gain Distribution, market shares, maintain and improve presence at POS versus competition.
Present and sell company products to existing and potential customers.
Prepare action plans and schedules to identify potential Customers and to project the number of contacts to be made.
Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
Establish and maintain current Customer and potential Customer relationships.
Manage Customers through regular calls and other follow-up.
Identify and resolve Customer issues.
Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
Communicate competitive product developments, launches/ re-launches, opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to Field Sales Manager.
Coordinate merchandising activities to maintain shelf image.
Propose/ develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
Other duties as assigned.
To co-ordinate the company’s customer investment strategy, maximising long-term profitable growth, within the parameters as set for you. (Trade/Promotional Spend)
Manage Merchandisers and set proper routing and work schedules.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Follow-up for collection of payment.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of products.
- Provide on-the-job training to Merchandisers and shelf stockers / Shelf assistants.
- Maintain the Company vehicle in good working condition
Critical Action Planning and Implementation
- Achieve annual ‘Net Sales’ of regions development targets
- Create ‘pull’ in order to achieve annual country sales targets.
- Mutually prepare/ present the Customers annual plan in line with the company’s objectives.
- Provide recommendations to the Customer for inventory planning and replenishment for optimized supply chain.
- Review and maintain agreed pricing policies in all trade channels.
- Execute consumer promotions in line with the company’s marketing plan.
- Execute visibility programs in line with overall the company’s objectives.
- Ensure 100% coverage of the region allocated with channel distribution based on the most efficient assortment list.
- Be a key asset with regard to timely roll-out of product launches and in-market activities.
- Establish a territory best practices and share with Customers within the region and subsequently with all other sales team members
- Propose and improve efficiency for future development
Customers: Geographical Area as defined.
- Ensure effective and efficient distribution of the four focus categories. Body, Deodorant, Jelly and Soap. They should be available in the entire region.
- Visit Customers on a regular basis (As per detailed itinerary). Customer visits include to Wholesalers, Key Accounts, and Mass Market.
- Set in-store standards and provide training and guidance for the achievement thereof.
- Present and agree the approved Customer Plan, covering all business requirements i.e. Sale Development (Turnover); Store Standards, Promotional Activity, Product assortment.
- Supply accurate and updated information on orders to Customer service.
- Present ideas on activities/ promotions to the Field Sales Manager for approval prior to implementation
- Send detailed sales monthly reports. The report should include Customer visits for the period, stock issues, competitive price positioning for the 4-main categories, Activities for the month, competitor activity, issues in the market, solutions to the issues and shelf off take of the top ten outlets in each category.
- Report and recommend ways to reduce levels of grey imports and counterfeits if any. Assist the team in providing information on the same.
- Sales vs. Target and explanation on deviations; the company’s Promotional implementation (i.e. Postering, trade offers, Mall Activations, Store Specific Promo`s etc.); Competitor Activity (ATL/BTL).
- Train Whole seller representatives. Inform on products merchandising and sales skills, market Review and define action plans for reps activities and support important negotiations.
- When involved in a project, supply frequent updated information to the team on the ground and to the Field Sales Manager.
- Manage recommended prices in trade.
- The brand should not be below competition.
- Communicate all pricing (ongoing and promotional) to all distributors on a frequent basis to ensure everybody is aware of the pricing, and can maximize any promotional activity.
- Communicate on competitor pricing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. Minimum O-Level formal education (acquired through secondary school).
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, composes, and edits written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of Sales / Marketing Diploma with 2 years Sales or Marketing experience /Bachelor’s Degree and 1 Year of sales or marketing experience.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO FRESH GRADUATES
KINDLY INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT AND EXPECTED REMUNERATION IN YOUR APPLICATION.
|Sales Representative On Trade – Kisumu|
|Sales Representative On Trade – Meru|
|Sales Representative – Modern Trade|
|Sales Representative On Trade – Nairobi|
|Sales Manager (KES 50,000 – 80,000)|