The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Summary of Responsibility
The IT Intern will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system and the telephone He/she will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to password resets, account creations, account terminations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to Sophos anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 /10 Professional support, Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013 support, Active Directory Maintenance, Email support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting.
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our (Helpdesk system) enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent staff support of all requests within agreed Service level agreements
- Vendor Management – Work directly with IT vendors(Service providers) to obtain support, repair and warranty information
- Hardware Inventory – IT intern to work with our Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software for country program
- Preventative Maintenance – IT intern will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist IT officer on various IT projects such as Active directory management, BVA usage, Box training and office 365 implementation.
- College degree or equivalent certification
- Proficient in Microsoft family of products (Windows, Office and Server)
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
This position is open to fresh graduates (Kenyan Nationals Only).
IRC is an equal opportunity employer.