This position is responsible for supervising effective resolution of claims within the set guidelines with an aim of mitigating losses and improving profitability.
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assigning work, supervising and providing leadership to claims officers and filing personnel as they execute claims processes;
• Approving claims both on file and system settlements within allocated approval limits;
• Reviewing records to ensure prompt registration of the claims, appointing loss adjusters, following up and settling of claims;
• Analyzing service providers’ reports and making settlements or any other suitable recommendations;
• Reviewing and revising processes in the claims section for adherence to the customer charter and policies;
• Providing the management with the necessary reports and constant updates on claims matters;
• Regular reviewing of reserves;
• Managing claim costs through strategic initiatives of the company to ensure profitability of the business;
• Managing stakeholder relationship as detailed in the manuals;
• Providing information required by both internal and external auditors to ensure complete and efficient audit process. Informing team and follow up implementation of audit recommendations;
• Assessing and re-inspecting motor vehicles;
• Complying with statutory, regulatory and internal control processes at the business units including internal and external audit recommendations;
• Developing departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets;
• Entrenching performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets;
• Participating in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
• Training, coaching and mentoring staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department;
• Implementing interdepartmental SLA in liaison with other departmental heads;
• Participating in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
• Develop departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets;
• Entrench performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets;
• Participate in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
• Train, coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department;
• Implement interdepartmental SLA in liaison with other departmental heads; and
• Participate in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Insurance option)/Actuarial Science or an equivalent.
• ACII/AIIK is a must
• At least 8 years relevant experience with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Leadership skills
• Teamwork skills
• Interpersonal and Communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet time deadlines
All applications to be done online on APA Insurance online before Thursday 31st August 2017