Byld is new product being launched by Lynk, enabling employers to recruit and manage large amounts of workers on building and construction sites. It seeks to provide a career identity for workers, whose profiles grow over time through the jobs they do. Byld has the potential to increase the regularity of work and incomes for the millions of informal workers in the construction sector across Africa, while improving productivity for construction firms. The product has applicability beyond the construction sector too, and we have interest from a number of companies in using the underlying technology for the recruitment and management of day labourers.
ABOUT THE CONSULTANCY:
Lynk recently agreed on a partnership to pilot the Byld platform in Kenya, and is seeking a Consultant to spearhead the pilot, product development and business model. This consultancy has a high chance of transitioning into a fulltime role if the consultancy/pilots go well.
– Recruit an assistant to support in consultancy activities.
– Work with Lynk’s in-house construction team to adapt the existing prototype for practical rollout
– Work with engineering team to develop live app v1: Based on feedback from above, ensure that app v1 contains the right features & UX.
– Test App on Lynk-managed construction sites, and iterate.
– Lead partnership with partner(s) to adapt Byld product for external partnerships.
– Design & manage partner pilot: Design modality for pilot & questions to answer.
– Oversee the on-the-ground piloting, which maintain strong partnerships with the pilot partner while providing valuable insights into the product.
– App enhancement: Based off pilot(s), work with engineering team to implement adjustments to the app for change.
– Business model development: Flesh out business model canvas and propose pricing and operational model for Byld product.
– Relationship mapping & development: Identify further partnerships to grow the Byld initiative.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
– MBA (or related field: Social Enterprise, Human-Centered Design, etc.).
– Entrepreneurial personality / self-starter – able to take responsibility and undertake tasks with minimal supervision.
– Experience conducting market research, product design, and/or business modeling in Kenya.
– Excellent writing and presentation skills.
– Knowledge of construction sector a major plus.
– Flexible work attitude: ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly evolving work environment.
At Lynk we make it easier for households and businesses to connect with high quality professionals. Currently we have verified professionals in over 75 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology we unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, we’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. We provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. We value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
Apply by mailing a CV to [email protected]
Lynk is a startup which builds technology to connect blue collar workers in Kenya – from carpenters to cleaners – to jobs. In June 2017, we were awarded three of the four prizes by the Global Center for Youth Employment in NYC, for the most promising solution to youth unemployment globally. Our suite of products seeks to satisfy a breadth of consumer needs, which provide multiple channels to increased incomes for workers:
– Lynk Requests: A marketplace product enabling customers to request services in over 75 categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors, and receive shortlisted bids.
– Lynk Discover: An e-commerce product enabling workers on the platform to sell ready-to-buy products or services.
– Byld: A tech-based platform for the recruitment and management of workers on large construction sites.