Accounts Assistant-Bank Reconciliations.Strathmore University
Reporting to: Financial Accountant
Basic job Summary:
The position holder will be responsible for safe custody and accurate recording of cash at bank including preparation of daily reconciliation reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Carry out daily bank reconciliations of various University accounts
2. Investigate and effect corrections and adjustments as identified in bank reconciliation reports and pass journals for corrections
3. Coordinate and follow up with the banks to ensure that action is taken on any erroneous or unexplained transactions including non-conformances by banks
4. Confirm bank deposits for students with the bank
5. Prepare audit schedules for all bank ledger accounts
6. Download and analyse bank statements including preparation of student imports files
7. Responsible of preparing & distributing financial reports to various departments within the University. Such reports include: Monthly management accounts, Debtors reports, Cash flow analysis reports and Update on Strategic objectives etc.
8. Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications required:
1. An undergraduate degree in a business related course
2. CPA/ACCA qualifications (At least a minimum of CPA Part 2 or ACCA equivalent)
3. At least one years’ experience in a busy finance department. An understanding of financia management in a University environment or institutions of higher learning will be an added advantage.
Desired Skills & Personal Attributes:
1. Good interpersonal skills
2. High Integrity
3. Very organized and a team player
4. Ability to work under pressure
5. Experience in accounting package
6. Proficient in Microsoft office especially Microsoft excel
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you.
Send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (Only) as one file/document quoting
“Accounts Assistant-Bank Reconciliations” on the subject line to [email protected] by 15thOctober 2017.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.