Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Start Immediately
1-3 month internship
We’re on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. Join us.
Lynk is a startup which builds technology to connect blue collar workers in Kenya – from carpenters to cleaners – to jobs. In June 2017, we were awarded three of the four prizes by the Global Center for Youth Employment in NYC, for the most promising solution to youth unemployment globally. Our suite of products seeks to satisfy a breadth of consumer needs, which provide multiple channels to increased incomes for workers:
- Lynk Requests: A marketplace product enabling customers to request services in over 75 categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors, and receive shortlisted bids.
- Lynk Discover: An e-commerce product enabling workers on the platform to sell ready-to-buy products or services.
- Byld: A tech-based platform for the recruitment and management of workers on large construction sites.
We are looking for a creative and hands-on intern that is able to take beautiful images of our discover products. As a LYNK-discover photography intern you will be working closely with the discover team and creating images that will contribute to a wide range of social media and the discover e-commerce platform. You will need to be creative and hands-on in your approach, taking images that convey a consistent style and adhere to Lynk’s brand guidelines. Your work will involve planning the shoot, finding appropriate props/backdrop set-up, taking pictures at clients houses and fundi’s workshops and editing images. The ideal candidate will be quick on their feet, confident in their own abilities, and extremely self-motivated and resourceful.
The Photography intern will gain significant experience in the design and start-up of a sustainable social enterprise, and will benefit from close mentoring from a senior leader within the Lynk team. Specific learning objectives include:
- Creating visual content for different online platforms.
- Contributing to the visual language and style of Lynk’s brand.
- Organising and setting up shoots in a variety of environments.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA in photography/film making or 2 -4 years experience in photography
- Experience in product photography
- Highly skilled at using photo editing software (adobe photoshop or other)
More about us:
At Lynk we make it easier for households and businesses to connect with high quality professionals. Currently we have verified professionals in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology we unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, we’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. We provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. We value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
To Apply: Please send your application and relevant supporting materials to [email protected]