The post holder will support the smooth and effective planning and delivery of high-quality training programmes and services to ensure client satisfaction and contribute to the growth in income and impact of Professional Skills in Kenya.
The Professional Skills Co-coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the training activities and support the Professional Skills centre Manager in the effective running of the British Council Professional Skills in Kenya.
- Manage Professional Skills training schedule, including booking courses for customers, arranging trainers and booking rooms where needed. Reschedule courses and manage trainer absence where necessary.
- Organise and maintain accurate records on all trainers and clients
- Produce all materials for training sessions, including: participants’ workbooks, trainer workbooks, hand-outs and sets of cards, stationery, certificates, feedback forms and any supplementary materials as needed by trainers. Ensure that all materials comply with branding guidelines and are produced to deadlines.
- Create and manage virtual and physical storage systems for all course materials. Update systems when needed.
- Communicate with all clients on all arrangements for training sessions, including scheduling, confirmation, needs analysis surveys and welcome emails.
- Manage the set-up of all training rooms to ensure they are ready 30 minutes before the start of courses
- Manage travel arrangements for Professional Skills team as needed, including taxi, flight and hotel bookings in line with British Council’s travel and procurement policies
- Arrange catering for training sessions as necessary
- Copy, distribute to trainers and collect feedback forms. Keep accurate records of all feedback and provide regular updates to trainers, business development staff and management.
- Process purchase orders and invoices and keep accurate records of these
- Manage payments to trainers and vendors and receipts from clients and customers and keep accurate records of these
- Participate in estimating cash flow and provide monthly reports to Kenya finance team
- Assist in managing debtors and recovering income owed as well as supporting the monthly financial reconciliations
- Schedule meetings with clients and potential clients where necessary
- Produce data on specific clients as needed e.g. number of courses, booked, number of participants, types of courses
- Arrange and attend seminars and promotional events to support the Professional Skills team. This may include: booking and liaising with venue, arranging catering, managing the guest list, producing invitations,
- Support the Professional Skills team in producing proposals where necessary
- Handle email and telephone enquiries from clients and potential clients
Professional Skills Co-coordinator, Kenya.pdf
BC Core Skills.pdf
Our Equality Commitment:
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies, and training centre as a function is absolutely committed to this.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.