Location: Kenya- Nairobi Office
Duration: 3 Months
Do you have the talent to join multi-award winning startup Wefarm? We are looking for 3 interns to join our Nairobi Team.
Wefarm, the world’s largest farmer-to-farmer digital network, enables farmers to connect with one another to solve problems, share ideas and spread innovation. Utilising the latest machine learning technology, Wefarm’s service works both online and over SMS. Knowledge shared on Wefarm can help farmers to produce higher quality product, increase yields, gain insight into market pricing, tackle the effects of climate change, diversify agricultural interests, and much more.
Since its founding in 2015, Wefarm has been named one of Africa’s Most Innovative Companies by FastCompany and has won Google’s Impact Challenge Award, TechCrunch’s Europas-Tech for Good Award, and the European Union Commission’s Ideas from Europe prize, among others. We’ve been covered on CNN, the BBC, Wired, TechCrunch, Forbes, the FT and more. The company is headquartered in London with offices in Nairobi and Kampala.
Wefarm’s Internship Program is looking for graduates who are eager to learn and passionate about what we do. This roles will help you build on your knowledge and skills, and equip you to grow in the career you want or help you find what you are great at!. Interested candidates will spend significant time working with our engagement, marketing and communications departments. You will get the chance to experience the dynamics of our international team and focus on one of the following areas:
Tasks in Engagement
- Responding to farmer questions to improve Wefarm users experience.
- Reach out to farmers for feedback, data collection and any other need that arise.
- Help implement any engagement projects
- Analyse engagement of users on different User acquisition channels
Tasks in Marketing (Comms)
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing and public activities
- Conduct research and analysis on various media functions
- Maintain an up to date media contact list
- Assist in preparing press alerts and releases
- Respond to media requests and coordinate with other departments to proactively pitch stories
- Help build case-studies, reports, blog posts etc to tell our story and demonstrate impact
- Maintain calendar for thought-leadership opportunities and speaking engagements
Tasks in Marketing (PR & Social Media)
- Social Media Community management
- Assist in creating content and marketing material (working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite required)
- Manage content schedule/ calendar on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist in deploying marketing campaigns; online and above the line
- Monitor, analyse and report on social media analytics
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Engagement Intern
- Be a final year student or must have recently completed his or her studies with a degree in General Agriculture or Agricultural Extension and Education.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of farming in Kenya.
- Marketing and Communications
- Degree in marketing, PR and Communications or any other relevant discipline
- Strong understanding of content management systems.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing, search engine optimization and how social media impacts this
- Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital.
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the Wefarm mission
How to Apply:
To apply, please send us your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for Wefarm and answering the following question
Wefarm has been invited to a farmer field day event. Explain how you would go about signing up 20% of farmers attending the event.
Please send your application to internshipsKE@wefarm.org (note, we will review and interview on an ongoing basis). Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.