KCDF employs individuals with a wide variety of technical, managerial and operational skills to achieve our mission objectives. We are always looking for talented people. If you are interested in working with us in addressing sustainability, then KCDF is a great place to put your skills, education, and expertise to use.
We’re passionate about our cause and committed to our mission: to promote sustainable development of communities for social justice, through institution building, partnerships, resource mobilization and policy influencing.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING OFFICER – BLENDED LEARNING
Kenya Community Development Foundation (Kenya) www.kcdf.or.ke in partnership with Wilde Ganzen (The Netherlands) is implementing an ambitious capacity building programme through a blended learning approach dubbed ‘Change the Game (CtGA) in Kenya as the main node of implementation. Other country nodes where the programme is implemented include Brazil and India.
Change the Game Academy (CtGA) aims at strengthening the capacity of Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Non-governmental Organisations (NGOs) in low and middle-income countries, to raise resources locally and to mobilize other kinds of support including policy influencing. The Change the Game Academy offers online and classroom courses (blended learning) on local fundraising and on lobby and advocacy (mobilizing support and or policy influencing). Organizations in India, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Ethiopia are now also implementing the Change the Game Academy and in the future more countries will join.
KCDF is seeking to recruit a Communication and Marketing Officer. The ideal candidate for the position must be a highly motivated individual who is self-driven, and with the desire to fit within a team working environment. This is a mid-level position (Programme Officer) reporting to the Team Leader – Livelihoods, Environment and Climate Change Adaptation (LECC) while working closely with the Communications Manager and the Dutch partner, who is the worldwide coordinator.
The role will market new and existing online courses and provide follow-through to ensure learners from the respective countries complete the assigned courses. The role will work close together with the four webmasters, responsible for the websites in these languages.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Main purpose of the job is to promote the Change the Game Academy under CBO’s, NGO’s and Self-Help Groups worldwide/ globally and to have their staff take online modules on this Academy. Target for 2018 and 2019 is to get 8000 persons to take a course under CTGA. Marketing will be done through international civil society platforms and forums and by using relevant instruments like SEO and Google Grants to reach this. In countries where partner organizations are active for the Change the Game Academy, close cooperation with these partners is necessary, as they are the first ones responsible for marketing and communication of the Change the Game Academy in their country.
- To globally promote and market Change the Game Academy courses to Non-Profits and their staff through innovative and cost-effective strategies while motivating and encouraging learners to complete courses and take new ones. Communication and marketing is primarily online through various international and local civil society platforms and forums.
- In countries where partner organizations are active and responsible for the Change the Game Academy programme (i.e India, The Netherlands, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Ethiopia), the candidate will work closely and advise national partner organizations in the respective countries in the areas of marketing and communication to reach more non-profits and their staff.
- Working closely with the Programme Officer (E-learning, Coaching and Mentorship), market and support implementation of CtGA activities in Kenya. Includes online and face to face marketing of courses and supporting partners through training, coaching and mentoring in line with their organizational change initiatives in the areas of local resource mobilization, and or grassroots advocacy to achieve their desired goals.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with participating individuals/organizations/countries signing up to online and classroom courses with the aim of documenting and or consolidating impact stories from the programme while devising ways of sharing the stories in efforts aimed at marketing the profile of CtGA courses/ blended learning.
- Compile regular reports to KCDF’s management and funding partners showing trends, completion rates, areas of improvement and marketing statistics to inform programme implementation (reports include Kenya and other participating countries)
The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully in their job include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing from a reputable University. A post-graduate degree or an equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in communication and marketing.
- Experience or affinity with online learning or any other capacity building initiatives in the areas of local resource mobilization, advocacy/ mobilizing support, and/or building coalitions and networks.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Intermediate IT skills especially in web platforms.
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to travel, work extended periods in the field and interact effectively with partners.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment and with partners at all levels.
- Preferably advanced in a second language (Fr, Es or Po).
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to email@example.com addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position “Communication and Marketing Officer”. Attach your current résumé and day time contacts of three referees. The deadline for submission of applications must be received not later 15th January 2018.
KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Click here to download a copy of this advert!
This is an important notice to the public in view of recently observed increase in fraudulent communications made to members of the public by recruitment agencies falsely claiming to be acting on behalf of KCDF and its brand. KCDF absolutely dissociates itself from this false recruitment and purported offers of employment through the website, mobile line or by any other unofficial means and hereby wishes to notify the public that:
- Where vacancies exist, candidates will be required to apply online solely through our dedicated secured network on our website www.kcdf.or.ke and through no other website.
- All communication with applicants must come from a verifiable KCDF email address (@kcdf.or.ke) and not from an internet address such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail or unofficial mobile line, etc. Our official organization numbers can be checked on our website under Contact Us.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to go through a formal selection process within KCDF official premises.
- KCDF does not and will not ask for any kind of payment from applicants for jobs or its prospective employees for any reason before, during and after the selection process.
- Individuals who are interested in job opportunities with KCDF will find open positions listed on the organization’s website when available.
- Members of the public are hereby notified that any communication offering interviews or immediate employment and requesting payment at any point is fraudulent.
- Anyone who receives these false communications is strongly advised to either disregard them in their own best interest, or report to the appropriate authorities.
By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims falling for these scams.