MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
State Department for University Education
COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS TENABLE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM 2017/2018
The Commonwealth Commission in the United Kingdom is offering twenty nine (29) full scholarships for postgraduate students for Kenyan students tenable in UK institutions of Higher Learning starting in October 2018. Ten (10) of the scholarships are for PhD while the remaining nineteen (19) are for Master Degrees. The awards are tenable at any approved UK University or higher education institution with which the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission has a part- funding agreement.
A list of these institutions can be found at:
Full details of the scholarships are available at: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/applicants
Priority will be given to studies that are along the following themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Duration of scholarships
- One (1) year taught Masters courses
- Doctoral degrees of up to three (3) years
- For Master degree scholarships, be a holder of at least upper 2nd class honors and must state the source of funding at undergraduate level
- For PhD scholarship be a holder of a very good Masters’ degree and should have proof of support from a prospective supervisor in at least one chosen institution
- Are serving in the country in the Public Sector
- Are below 35 years for Masters Degree and 45 years for PhD.
All eligible candidates must read and adhere to the following guidelines strictly:
- Obtain PRELIMINARY APPLICATION FORMS from the Ministry of Education, Directorate of Higher Education offices located at Telposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702. The application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry website: http://www.education.go.ke/
- Apply for the scholarship electronically by following the link: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/
- Complete the Electronic Application System (EAS) form online BUT download and print three (3) sets before submitting it electronically to the Commonwealth Commission.
- Submit one (1) set of the hard copy of Preliminary Application form from MOE and completed EAS form with certified photocopies of ID, academic/ professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal in the area of study through your head of department to the Directorate of University on the address:Director – University Education, Ministry of Education. P.O. Box 9583 – 00200,NAIROBI
Deliver to Telposta Towers, 27th floor, Room 2702 during working hours between 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Complete applications should reach the Ministry not later than 26th January, 2018.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted through e-mail /phone call from the following numbers 0773825305 / 0771842051
To be nominated does not in any way guarantee selection or placement