The Rural Electrification Authority, a State Corporation established under the Energy Act No. 12 of 2006, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of Kenya. It is also the lead agency in the development and promotion of renewable energy in Kenya. Through its mandate, the Authority seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Authority has endeavoured to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities now have electricity. Moving forward, the Authority will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
- Overseeing the development and review of human resource policies, rules and regulations;
- Overseeing the development of human resource plans and strategies;
- Monitoring and coordinating the implementation of human resource management policies, rules and regulations;
- Monitoring and Coordinating staff training and development;
- Developing and institutionalizing performance appraisal process;
- Advising on career development and review of Career Progression Guidelines;
- Coordinating industrial relations and staff welfare;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of human resource management system;
- Overseeing budgeting, allocation and optimal utilization of training resources and opportunities;
- Reviewing of terms and conditions of service;
- Ensuring proper utilization of human resources on board and advising on proper deployment;
- Ensuring compliance with all the statutory and regulatory requirements relating to Human Resource;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A degree from a recognized University in Human Resources Management or Social science or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in a related field from a recognized institution;
- Full membership to a professional body in the Human Resource field;
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage.
Experience and competencies:
- Five (5) years working experience, three (3) of which must be in supervisory level;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence as reflected in work performance and results;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Demonstrated Integrity;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
Visit the REA website for the full details of the job descriptions, minimum requirements and requisite work experience for each position. Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates; All applicants MUST
Complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com.
In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date.
Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification Authority, Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,