Technical leadership and management: ?
- Provide oversight and coordination of the business development function across Amref Health Africa. ?
- Facilitate and promote a vibrant core Africa Business Development team, which include the BD managers in the country offices in Africa.
- Nurture a culture of learning and sharing through establishing and facilitating a global Business Development team ?
- Lead negotiations with major partners in relation to funding opportunities especially from USG ?
- Ensure appropriate business development systems and processes are instituted ?
- Line-manage the Business Development team at Amref HQ and coach Business development managers at country level ?
- Provide support to Amref Health Africa in Europe and North America in their BD efforts with donors within their respective countries.
Business Development Strategy:
- Lead the implementation of the business development strategy including target setting within the overall Amref Health Africa Corporate Strategy 2018-2022 ?
- Lead the continuous growth of funding solicitations by proposal submission worth about $ 150 million annually, with at least 35%-win rate.
BD implementation: ?
- Lead networking and gathering of intelligence with global partners ?
- Negotiate partnership and work directly with Amref Health Country Offices to build and strengthen these relationships ?
- Coordinate and manage major bidding processes ?
- Coordinate multi-country business development opportunities across Amref offices in Africa, Europe and North America ?
- Support continuous opportunity tracking ?
- Support continuous development and updating of tools for business development processes ?
- Facilitate costing and recruitment for major biddings ?
- Facilitate trend- and other relevant analysis related to business development ?
- Provide and present timely quarterly reports to the CPO and Executive Committee on business development performance across the organization
External relations: ?
- Ensure Amref’s is represented in external fora relevant to business development and growth of the organisation ?
- Monitor current development and trends in the sector to ensure that Amref’s business development reflects good practice.
Capacity development: ?
- Coordinate the support to Country & Field Offices, Institute of Capacity Building and Regional Programmes to strengthen and grow their business development ?
- Facilitate business development training for relevant staff across the organisation
- Coordinate the continuous updating of the business development information on the relevant Amref Health Africa platforms.
Skills and Competencies;
- Excellent skills in networking and intelligence gathering ?
- Excellent negotiation skills and creation of partnership ?
- Strong skills in proposals development and competitive bidding ?
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills ?
- Strong skills in leading multi-disciplinary teams and bringing virtual teams together ?
- Skills in planning and forecasting ?
- Ability to listen, lead, influence and build consensus ?
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills to a range of different audiences ?
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Proficiency in French.
Academic Requirements: ?
Master’s degree in public health, health policy or management or similar.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in international development with at least 7 years of working in business development ?
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Africa ?
- A minimum of 5 years working with an International NGO ?
- Significant experience working with USG and experience with other major donors e.g., EU, and other bilateral and multilateral donors ?
- Well networked with major partners and donors working in Africa