The Commission for University Education is established under the Universities Act, No. 42 of 2012 as a body corporate with the core statutory mandate to ensure maintenance of standards, quality and relevance in all aspects of university education, training and research.
The Commission invites applications for Attachment/Internship into the various departments for a period lasting 3 – 6 months. Interested applicants should have or are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:
- ICT (2),
- Human Resources Management (1),
- Supply Chain (2),
- Planning and Economics (2),
- Statistics (1),
- Business management (1),
- Social Sciences (2),
- Communications (1),
- Legal studies (2),
- Accounts (1),
- Records, Library and Information Sciences (1).
1. A first Degree from a recognized university in the relevant area and have not been exposed to work experience related to their area of study. (Interns)
2. Students applying for attachment should be in their final year of study
3. Attachment/Internship Application cover Letter, and filled “APPLICATION FOR INTERNSHIP/ATTACHMENT PROGRAMME FORM” available in the Commission’s website http://www.cue.or.ke/index.php/careers;
4. Introductory Letter from the Tertiary Institution (Attachees);
5. Curriculum Vitae (CV);
6. Copy of National Identity Card;
7. Certificate of Good Conduct; and
8. Student Insurance Cover (attachees);
9. Personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period (interns);
10. Medical insurance cover by the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) or any other reputable medical insurance firm.
• The commission will not offer employment after completion of the program
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted
N/B – Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications with scanned copies of the required documents can be sent via post office to address given below, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to CUE Headquarters, Gigiri, Red Hill Road, Nairobi.
Guidelines/Information regarding Attachments/Internships into Government Institutions is available on the Ministry of Devolution and Planning website.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter together with copies of the basic requirement documents to reach the office of the undersigned on or before 4th December 2018.
THE COMMISSION SECRETARY /CEO
COMMISSION FOR UNIVERSITY EDUCATION
P.O.BOX 54999 00200