PKF firms in Eastern Africa, in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda are among East Africa’s leading firms of accountants and business advisers, specialising in advising the management of developing private and public businesses.
PKF in Eastern Africa is headquartered in Kenya with local offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru and Malindi. The firm also has regional offices in Kampala (Uganda), Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) and Kigali (Rwanda).
With over 40 partners and directors, 800 staff members and 13 offices around Eastern Africa Region, wherever you do business, we can offer you local expertise backed up by resources of an international firm.
We pride ourselves on creating and sustaining supportive relationships where objective and timely advice enables our clients to thrive, develop and succeed.
Experience Level: Graduate Trainee/Entry level
This role offers challenging and exciting opportunities to work with a team of seasoned professionals who will seek the help of a dynamic and young aspiring professional in the ﬁeld of data analysis. The Data Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Understanding client processes and develop statistical models to perform various analytics and data modelling
• Gathering/mining data from databases in order to develop data models for business process modelling
• Creating and developing algorithms to help data modelling and business decision making processes
• Using trend analysis for both predictive modelling and for historic trend creation to help businesses in making better and informed decisions.
We seek applicants who meet the following criteria:
1. An industrial attachment in a related ﬁeld for a minimum of three (3) months
2. A Graduate in the ﬁelds of Applied Statistics, Mathematics, computer science or engineering
3. Strong analytical skills
4. Critical thinking and a dynamic mind-set
5. Strong technical knowledge on data modelling and statistics
6. Strong command on SQL and R
7. Reasonable skill/experience on the use of Python for Data analysis
8. Strong oral and written communication skills.
9. Willing to pursue a professional qualiﬁcation/ certiﬁcation such as CISA or CPA
How to Apply
If you ﬁt any of the above proﬁles and are interested in one of these challenging opportunities, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject heading. Your application should consist of a cover letter (with current and expected remuneration package and notice period, if applicable) and detailed curriculum vitae in MS Word or PDF with email address and telephonecontact. You can ﬁnd out more about PKF by visiting our website on http://www.pkfea.com/ on or before 26th of October, 2018.