Calling Young African researchers in Africa: would you like to attend ESOF 2018 in Toulouse? Apply for this travel grant!
Euro Science Open Forum (ESOF) is the biennial pan-European meeting on research & innovation. The Université Fédérale de Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées (UFTMIP) is collaborating with a sponsor to provide Travel Grants for support to 28 Young African researchers with their travel, registration and accommodation costs to attend ESOF 2018 in Toulouse (9th-14th July 2018).
Please bear in mind that the grant would consist of a lump sum of €1,500 / grantee. Depending on travel arrangements, this amount might not cover the total costs incurred. The grant aims to cover:
- Travel costs to Toulouse
- Visa fees
- Registration fee to ESOF 2018
- Accommodation in Toulouse (students’ residence)
- Local transportation and meal costs
The administration (logistical arrangements and reimbursement) will be managed by the UFTMIP, in accordance with its official travel regulations:
- Travel costs, registration fees, accommodation and meal costs (in student residence) will be covered directly by UFTMIP;
- A public transportation card as necessary will be provided by the ESOF 2018 organisation;
- Visa fees and other eligible costs would be reimbursed after presentation of feedback report and upon submission of a detailed invoice.
Please note that the grants will be confirmed after the financial agreement of the sponsor has been signed.
Applicants should be:
- A national of an African country
- Working preferably on the African continent
- Active in research (universities, research institutes, companies) or exceptionally research administration
- Preferably having a PhD
- Under the age of 35
- Proficient in English
For more information and to apply, visit here