Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region – and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
About the Department
Deloitte’s Audit service offering utilizes a comprehensive methodology designed to
bring our extensive professional and technical resources to audit engagements in an efficient, and cost-effective manner. In our audit process, we combine a rigorous risk and needs analysis, diagnostic processes, and a client service assessment structured to provide our clients with a superior audit clearly focused on them.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Audit team as Entry Level Associates.
To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a local or international university in any discipline with a minimum of Second Upper or equivalent;
- Will have completed undergraduate studies by July 2019, or graduated in the preceding two years (2017 & 2018);
- Qualification or pursuing qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Minimum KCSE Overall grade B+ with B+ in Mathematics and B+ English or equivalent;
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills.
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies (per job description)
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key performance areas
- Learning and applying Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments;
- Ensuring assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Ensuring availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
- Keeping abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Raising issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of data and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Developing productive working relationships with client staff;
- Managing information security risk in area of client engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies; and
- Maintaining own development and knowledge in specialised area.
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good financial knowledge;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Competitive Edge – Brings a fresh perspective and challenges Deloitte to think differently.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance Drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic Direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply now!
Closing date: 8 April 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
In Kenya, the services are provided by Deloitte East Africa. Deloitte East Africa is the DTTL member firm in Kenya.
Requisition code: EAK-163727-EN