The Kenya Prisons Service wishes to announce to the general public vacancies for general cadet officers and technicians.
Prospective candidates wishing to apply must satisfy the general conditions and requirements given below;
• Must be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be between the ages of 18-28 years for diploma/certificate holders; OR
• Be between the ages of 18-30 years for degree holders;
• Be at least 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women; • Be physically and medically fit;
• Must have good hearing and clear vision;
• Have no criminal record;
• Female candidates MUST not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire training period.
On recruitment, candidates will undergo an intensive Government sponsored para-military initial training course lasting not less than nine (9) months for technicians and (13) months for general cadets officers. The recruitment exercise will be absolutely FREE.
Bribery and other acts of corruption are unlawful. Any person presenting themselves for recruitment with falsified or fake academic/professional certificates, identity cards, or engaging in any acts that amount to corruption SHALL be disqualified, arrested and prosecuted.
Members of the public are warned that recruitment will only be conducted at the listed recruitment centre and on the day as indicated.
Any person therefore purporting to be issuing calling letters away from the recruitment centre should be treated as a criminal.
Prospective candidates MUST carry their original identification card, birth certificate, KRA PIN certificate, academic certificates and other testimonials on the day of interviews.
a) General Cadet Officers: Candidates must possess a relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized institution of higher learning;
b) Technicians: Candidates must possess a minimum mean grade of D+ at KCSE or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and/or possess a relevant diploma/certificate from a recognized institution and registered with the relevant bodies where applicable.
Kenya Prisons Massively Hiring In The Following Departments
14. Disaster Management Officers