The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital.
As part of our mandate to create learning opportunities, we are searching for young smart, vibrant, creative and ambitious graduates to join our HR team.
Qualification and Skills:
• Recently graduated or about to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any people related fields preferred
• Willingness and ability to learn and work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• High attention to detail
• Good facilitation skills ability to work both independently and part of a team
• Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks and hit the ground running
1. Maintain staff records and data both on manual files and HR software including generation of reports.
2. Processing of exiting staff (including retirees) final dues, issuance of Certificate of Service, filling of exit interview forms.
3. Payroll system management including: preparing payroll documents and submitting to payroll department every month
4. Assist in the interview process; calling the interview candidates, making the interview assessment forms and making the rating forms.
5. To assist newly appointed staff with the necessary employment documentation: employment number, personal details form, medical forms, etc.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: none
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file – the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate – the official certificate for your highest education