Bonfire Adventures & Events Limited is a well established tours, travel and Events Company with over 5 years experience in handling inbound and outbound holidays not only for domestic tourists but also international tourists from all over the world.
Our specialty is the ability to design unique tours and safaris to fit every type of tourist, from the budget to the luxury providing a unique opportunity to combine bush and beach adventures with East Africa’s spectacular scenery and not forgetting the rest of the world hidden treasures!
Bonfire adventure is currently looking for candidates to join team as below:
Note: Interview will be conducted in the course of the week:
Position 1: Tours and Travel Consultant
She/he will be reporting to the Managing director
Being amicable and approachable with flexible working hours.
Being professional and assertive
Being detail oriented
Comprehensive industry knowledge
Job description for a Tours Consultant
- Responding to inquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to meet market demand
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest
- Making flight quotations
- Doing tour bookings – both inbound and outbound
- Ensuring KWS park rules & hotel regulations are made clear to tourists
- Ensuring payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale
- Creating contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates
- Ensure bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties especially for hotels
- Ensure clients’ special requests especially on accommodation & room specification, driver guide language, meals and others are
- pre-arranged. (eg. ensuring families are booked rooms closer together & pork is not served to Muslim guests etc.)
- Coordinating with other team in arranging flying & ground packages
- Making follow-ups for tour quotations
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive
- Inclusions, exclusions as well as terms & conditions of a quotation should be highlighted to reduce disputes with clients
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Certificate or diploma in Tour operations or tourism management or related field
- Over one year experience as Tour/travel consultant in a busy environment
- Ability to use various tours/hotel booking systems.
- IATA qualification is an additional advantage
- Experience in outbound tours is an advantage
- knowledge of GDS an advantage
Position 2: Accountant
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of Quick books
- Knowledge of finance principles
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Technical accounting skills
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Previous experience of general accounting
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Finance or Commerce
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Financial Management Experience
Position 3: Marketers
- Present, promote, and sell products or services to new and existing clients
- Plan domestic tours including lodging, food and transportation arrangements; negotiates with tour operators on domestic and international tour packages and ticketing
- Conducts post-tour evaluations, analyses and reports response
- Liaise with airlines for the best prices as well as other transport companies to ensure travel arrangement including for transport, accommodation and food as made according to the clients’ requirement
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone
- Negotiate and prices tours for the clients to help generate revenue for the tour company Arrange for the collection of payment as well as for transportation and accommodation from customers
- Conduct client relationship management which will include; assisting clients to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required
- Promote the tour company using e-marketing
- Create and advise the clients on their itinerary
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations
- Tracks and notifies travellers of payment received and balance due
- Promotes tours and generates publicity by attending travel fairs, tour & travel presentations
- Certificate/ Diploma in Tourism Studies, Business Administration or related field
- More than 1 year of in the tour business
- Good negotiation and planning skills
- Good at providing positive public relations
- Able to handle complaints well
- Good organization skills
- Able to multitask and coordinate several tour events simultaneously
- Good communication skill in both oral and written
- Good customer and Personal Service
Position 4: Tea girl /messenger-
- Clean all offices daily
- Keep the social amenities (kitchen meeting rooms e.t.c) clean and all equipments in good working condition.
- Ensure there are sundries items needed in the washrooms at all times
- Report any faults on all the office equipments.
- Dust all surfaces and windows on a daily basis.
- Organize office tables and surfaces professionally.
- Ensure the washrooms are thoroughly cleaned and properly used.
- Make tea for office staff/visitors
- Any other duties as may be delegated by your supervisor
- Self driven, mature, clean and well organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with good attitude towards work and colleagues.
Education & Experience
- KCSE, mean grade C+ and above.
- Experience at least one year
- Certificate / diploma in computer application is an added advantage
Position 5: Tour guides drivers
- The candidate must hold Bronze or Silver, KPSGA certificate
- Have more than 3 years experience driving experience especially in tour safaris in Kenya
- Driving around Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania area and the airports
- Be familiar with most hotels locations in all parks and national reserves
- Explaining the area and places of interest to clients
- Customer service and resolving customer issues
- Must have good knowledge of the tourism circuits
- MUST have a valid driving license.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Speaking and understanding of foreign language is an added advantage
- Passionate about the wilderness and good knowledge about flora and fauna to pass on to the team
- First Aid Training Certificate
- Current Certificate of Good conduct
Note: kindly indicate your name and working experience as the subject of the email