Kenya Red Cross Society
Grants and Compliance Manager
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya – Full Time
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Our mission is to timely, effectively and innovatively deliver humanitarian services with respect, in solidarity and accountability to our stakeholders, our communities and affected populations. To enhance its programmes in supporting HIV/AIDS and OVC in Kenya, KRCS is looking for suitable candidate to support and implement two anticipated USAID funded projects under the Kenya Health Partnership for Quality Services (KHQPS) named below: –
- OVC and DREAMS Programme (Kilifi and Mombasa County)
- HIV, FP/RMNCAH, Nutrition and WASH (Nakuru,Baringo,Samburu,Laikipia)
|Position Title:||Grants & Compliance Manager|
|Reporting to:||Chief of Party|
The KHPQS is a 5-year programme with an aim of increasing quality county led health and social services in select counties. This is a service delivery project at the county level, providing HIV Care and treatment to OVC and adolescents and services in the area of family planning, Reproductive Maternal New-born child and adolescent health, Nutrition and Water and sanitation services.
The role will provide overall technical support in the management of sub-grants, facilitate training in program and finance management to sub-grantees, support sub-partners on sub-grant management and assist in reviewing sub-grants agreements.
- Provide overall technical support in the management of sub-grants.
- Facilitate training in program and finance management to sub-grantees.
- Support sub-partners on sub-grant management and assist in reviewing sub-grants agreements.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and legal and regulatory requirements governing the award.
- Oversee the overall compliance in the activity implementation from the development of work plans and budgets, reporting; sub granting, and budget administration as assigned by the COP or his/her designee.
- Involved in developing and embedding best practices to comply with donor financial rules.
- Supporting donor proposal budgeting, analysis of institutional income, donor contract expenditure tracking.
- Monitoring and providing management information on key risks
- Contributing to the implementation of improved financial systems and processes to facilitate better donor reporting and compliance.
- A Master’s degree in Business, Procurement, Accounting, Finance, Management, Auditing, Economics or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the NGO sector in Senior Grants/Compliance Management positions.
- In-depth understanding and experience of working with proposals and contracts from institutional donors.
- Experience of complex planning and budgeting processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures
- Prior grants management experience and familiarity with USG (USAID) donor regulations, procedures and requirements;
- Demonstrated experience with reporting from institutional and private donors;
- Ability to efficiently deal with competing priorities;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to produce and edit documents under deadline pressure
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 9th September 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.