Application Deadline:30 September 2020 https://bit.ly/31EkDZG
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is an initiative of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) developed to support the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative which aims to empower 50 million women worldwide by 2025 to fulfil their economic potential, creating conditions for increased stability, security, and prosperity for all.
1. Women between 21 and 35 years of age and fluent in English
2. Resident in one of the five AWE South Africa Cities: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban/Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg and Pretoria
3. Must either have a viable business idea or have been in business for no more than 2 years
4. Ability to participate in weekly group sessions and must be able to commit 5+ hours weekly to the program
5. Computer literacy and access to a laptop or computer