CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2001969
: 29/Sep/2020, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FRKEN
: Staff position
Type of Requisition: General Service
Grade Level: G-2
Duration: Fixed term: one year with possibility of extension
Post Number: 0129399
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Kenya.
The Driver is responsible for driving the Country Office Staff of FAO Representations. He / she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s) assigned.
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the functional supervisor.
In his/her function as Driver for FAO Representation, the incumbent is in regular contact with staff from all levels of the country office, with national and international visitors, with (high ranking) officials from the Government and other (UN) Agencies, with project managers, consultants and other personnel from within and outside the Organization. He / she is often the first point of contact for people from outside the country office. He / she interacts on a day-to-day basis with personnel and officials from local offices and service providers.
- Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAO Representative and his/ her visitors on occasions as necessary;
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit’s programme.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary school education. Possession of valid driver’s license
Experience: Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record
Languages: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO language
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
• The length of the appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to extension of appointments
• Selected candidates need to reside within commuting distance from the FAO office. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• No international benefits will be payable as selected candidates are recruited locally and paid in the local currency of the office location
• Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice
• For additional information visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link:
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
• If you need assistance please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT