Share this job
FINANCE AND ASSURANCE INTERN
Job Type: InternshipJob Category: FinanceClosing Date: October 30th, 2020Location: Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with a captive real estate development capability. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, FinTech, and hospitality.
The role will allow successful candidates to participate in an intense 12 weeks training and work in the Finance, Audit and Risk function of the group. He/she will work with other members of the team in various assignments.
- Assist the audit team in carrying out comprehensive audits in accordance to the annual work plan.
- Assist in the evaluation of the internal control environment over compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Assist in following up audit recommendations within the agreed timelines
- Effectively assess and measure all material risks in accordance with Cytonn’s adopted approaches
- Assist in carrying out periodic compliance reviews
- Support in the effective implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework
- Assist in accounts payables role, reviewing of payments documentation and preparing payment vouchers and cheques
- Assisting with accurate and timely posting of documents of original entry into the SAP accounting system
- Assist in banking and treasury management
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts
- Assist in ensuring all assets are captured in the fixed asset register and maintenance of a accurate register
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of Second Class Honors, Upper Division
- Minimum of B+ in KCSE
- CPA, CISA or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong numeracy, analytical, strategy and research skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- A keen interest in investments and real estate
- Good communication skills