CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE;
SURVEILLANCE OFFICERS, REF: TNH/HRD/SO/10/20 (CONTRACT TERMS)
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring overall security of The Nairobi Hospital and Outpatient Centers, clients, and personnel.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the functionality of the CCTV surveillance system, Access Control, Intruder/fire alarm system and the parking management system.
- Ensuring the Chief Security Officer is fully briefed on any pertinent matters.
- Formulating operating procedures for security and safety activities in liaison with the Senior Security Officer. E.g. emergency preparedness.
- Preparing reports, documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes committed, lost or found property, security lapses and safety hazards.
- Liaising with the government law enforces on security matters affecting the Hospital
- Conducting security surveys with the aim of improving on the Hospital’s integrated security solutions.
- Conducting routine security patrols, monitoring and evaluating performance levels for outsourced services.
- Protecting people, property, information, and TNH reputation.
- Proactively respond to security emergencies within the hospital
- Overseeing security services offered to clients, hospital deliveries, key management and escort cashiers as required from time to time.
- Overseeing the performance of the contracted third party security services operations.
- Planning and coordinate security operations for specific events of the Hospital.
- Representing and defending TNH interest in all forums including civil or criminal litigation matters.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Criminology, Security Management or any other relevant field.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position with reputable security firms or public institution.
- Knowledge on handling internal investigations and liaison duties.
- Technical knowhow in electronic security management systems and use of CCTV operations, VHF Radios and security phonetic alphabets.
- Experience in security patrols, fire management and emergency responses
- Good written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal relations, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Computer literate, report writing skills, flexible and the ability to solve problems in a pressurized environment.
- Able to identify potential security risks and respond accordingly.
SECURITY CONTROLLERS, REF: TNH/HRD/SC/10/2020 (CONTRACT TERMS)
Reporting to the Senior Security Officer-Technical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring overall security of The Nairobi Hospital and Outpatient Centres, clients, and personnel.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offering protective and communications support for The Nairobi Hospital Operations by effective manning of the Control Room.
- Monitoring all Electronic Security systems installed over irregularities (such as security breach, possible threats, abandoned items, fire hazards, equipment malfunctions, and unlocked security doors among others) and report incidents.
- Monitoring, maintaining and archiving CCTV video footage and other security systems data and retrieval in case of incident occurrences and investigation/analysis requirements.
- Managing access control systems and credentials by issuing access cards/passes and other arrangements to authorized visitors upon approval by the security supervisor and keep such records.
- Observing and reporting suspects or incidents to the defined authorities and initiate incident response by use of radio or other communication channels.
- Monitoring intruder alarm systems, closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems and liaise with response units to attend raised alarms.
- Act as custodians of Control Room equipment and monitoring their operational readiness together with all other Security and communication equipment.
- Controlling room data storage, handling and management as per procedures and policies ensuring security and confidentiality is maintained.
- Continuously monitoring and follow up with current broadcast news and inform the TNH staff through the Security Management team on any risky occurrences which may affect their duty or safety both locally and globally.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or a Degree in Security Management/social sciences/information science.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Training in CCTV monitoring and Control room activities
- At least two years’ experience of working in a busy control room environment. Security background on handling security operations will be an added advantage.
- Medically and physically fit with excellent observation skills, good hearing and vision.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, both spoken and written, fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Keen attention to details and meticulous with record keeping.
- Ability to work under pressure for extended hours.
- Highly disciplined and of impeccable character.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: email@example.com not later than Friday 6th November 2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.