The application process for the 2021 United Nations Regional Course for Africa is now open.
The United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa is organized by the Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs in cooperation with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, the African Union, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
The Regional Course will be held at the facilities of the ECA in Addis Ababa, from 10 February to 9 March 2021. The Regional Course will be conducted in French. The course will accommodate up to 30 participants, including a limited number of spaces for self-funded participants.
When selecting participants for regional courses, particular attention is paid to the qualifications of candidates, the scope of their professional obligations, the relevance of this training for their professional activity, as well as the need to ensure gender equitable representation. The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged. Particular attention will also be paid to candidates who are already present in the host city of the regional course (Addis Ababa).
For those participants receiving a fellowship,
- The fellowship will cover travel, accommodation, meals, medical insurance, and training materials.
- Fellowship recipients will also receive a modest stipend to cover other living expenses in accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships.
There will also be a limited number of spaces for self-funded participants. With the exception of training materials, self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation in the Regional Course (e.g. travel, medical insurance, accommodation and living expenses).
To qualify to be considered for the Regional Courses,
- Candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- Candidates must also be fluent in the language in which the Course is offered (French in 2021).
- The selected candidates are required to certify that they are able to attend the course in its entirety.
Eligible Regions: Member States of the UN which are also members of the African Group
Apply through the Apply Now link.