Applications are open for the New Media Writing Prize 2020. The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) showcases exciting and inventive stories and poetry that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media.
This international event is now in its 11th year. The NMWP encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling. The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field, from all around the world. 2020 competition is open!
The winner receives £1,000 donated by if: book UK.
- Anyone can apply. Whether you’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a developer, a designer, or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all.
- It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK.
- Entries do need to be in English.
If you’re intending to submit your work to the competition in 2020, be sure to check out the Competition Rules. It’s also a good idea to check out the FAQs to make sure your creative output fits the competition criteria.
Each entry should contain the following information within the text of the online form:
- Title of the work.
- Entrant’s contact details: name, email address, telephone number, and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with the identification of the main entrant for contact purposes.
- Access details, eg URL. If an app, they will need 6 free access codes for the judges.
- Entrant’s short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- Student entrants must provide proof of identity which should be copied into the entry form, in the short biography section, e.g. a scanned copy of the entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrolment number, which will be authenticated at the organizer’s discretion.
- No attachments will be accepted. The email may contain links but may not contain footnotes or formatted text.
Entries must be received by Friday, November 27, 2020, at 12 noon UK time. If a Student entry, by Friday, December 18, 2020, at 12 noon UK time.