The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of Water and Energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC and Zimbabwe.
The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Electrical Design Engineer.
The principal job tasks being as follows: –
- Design control panels for assembly using ACADE/EPLAN.
- Customize PLC/HMI programs to suit customer requirements.
- Create documentation such as specifications, SOPs, drawings, instruction manuals and BOMs.
- Assist Production Team in addressing emerging technical challenges and material sourcing.
- Supervising and commissioning engineering works and projects.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes: –
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Electrical Design & Engineering.
- Holders of an Upper 2nd Class honours degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field from a recognized institution.
- Experience using Electrical Design Software such as ACADE/EPLAN and programming Siemens/SE PLCs and HMIs.
- Project management skills including ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of any of the following will be an added advantage: IoT, Network fundamentals, Computer Programming, Agile methodologies.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the Water and Energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for the successful candidates.
If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply for the role before Friday 8th January 2021.
As part of its #ImprovingLives / CSR activities, Davis & Shirtliff offers training attachment to deserving students in institution of higher learning. Every year however we receive an overwhelming number of applications for Training Attachment. While the company has no objection to assisting students where possible, selection under our on-going Industrial Attachment Programme is guided strictly by our laid down policies, and the following notes are issued for guidance of applicants.
The IT attachment program is designed for ongoing students on holiday breaks and as such run for three months. Prospective applicants must clearly stipulate which of the periods listed below best suite them.
- First Recruitment 2021 – January, February and March
- Second Recruitment 2021 – March, April and May
- Third Recruitment 2021 – May, June and July
- Fourth Recruitment 2021 – July, August and September
- Fifth Recruitment 2021 – September, October and November
Competition for training places is stiff and it is in the applicant’s interest to ensure that the requirements specified are abided by, to facilitate consideration and processing of applications.
- Only 3rd and 4th year or higher-level University/Colleges students need apply for training.
- Training must be authorized and approved by the Institution with whom the applicant is taking the course.
- A letter of introduction from the Institution must be attached with all applications. The letter should state or certify the following: –
- That the named applicant is pursuing a prescribed course (state course) of study at the institution.
- That the student will be covered by a Public Liability Policy through the institute for the period of training. The policy should cover against Third Party claims (property damage and bodily injury or death) arising while the student is on attachment.
- That the students will abide by all the rules of the Company.
- Indicate the period of training with dates for which the student is applying. In case where the institute does not provide insurance cover, the student will be required to personally acquire a suitable policy covering the period of training.
- Submit details of any previous training with the company or any other firms.
- Provide full details of academic achievements and enclose transcripts for years completed.
Provide references if any.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome or progress by e-mail, the decision being final, and no further correspondence will be entered. Personal visits are not encouraged unless specifically invited for interviews. In special circumstances students may be selected for repeat attachment.
- Attachment will be offered only once for a particular course but in very exceptional circumstances outstanding students will be given another chance in the duration of that course.
- Students must ensure that the correct address, day telephone number and e-mail for correspondence are indicated on the application.
If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply clearly stating the recruitment period that suits you e.g. First Recruitment 2021.