- Date Posted: March 2, 2023
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a manufacturer and retailer of home furniture products. We pride ourselves on creativity, passion, and fun. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put high-quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 250,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to mid-sized company with 350+ employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for someone with high growth potential and comfortable with numbers. You’ll be an analytical person who is passionate about crunching numbers. You will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and recording of data to assist the Finance Managers in Financial Planning, Analysis and reporting.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Responsibility for Accounts Payable including; Supervise the AP team to ensure:
- Accurate recording and reporting of supplier invoices
- Recording and reporting of non-invoiced expenses (accruals)
- Recording and reporting of petty cash and virtual wallets
- All including validation of the business nature of the expense, proper authorisation and appropriate supporting documentation
- Proper treatment of VAT, tax preparation and filing activities
- Vendor account reconciliations
Responsibility for Balance sheet reconciliations, including:
- Ensure all transit and suspense accounts reconcile to zero on a monthly basis
- Maintain accrual, prepayment and amortization schedules
- Prepare journal entries
- Analyze foreign currency exchanges
Assist FP&A manager in the timely delivery of the annual financial budget for the Group, including:
- Coordination of the business and communication to all participants
- Development and implementation of budget timetable and allocated responsibilities
- Development and provision of budgeting tools for the business (templates and presentation of results = IS, SOFP, Cash flow, Headcount)
- Securing Biz Ops resources for the development, update and delivery of any models required to deliver the Budget
- Prepare SLT presentation and achieve SLT approval of the budget for the year (iterative process until completion).
- Building the Finance departmental budget for CFO approval, including “general” components such as NSSF, NHIF and insurance and doubtful debt provision
Responsibility for internal Management Reporting of historical results:
- Develop, implement and deliver monthly BVA reporting and engage the management team to obtain explanations for variances in order to provide an overall picture of performance
- Proactively identify information gaps and work with colleagues to provide improved Management information. Implement such reports.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts consolidation in accordance with the timetable established by the Finance Manager
- Support the SLT with information and analysis requested for Financing activities including:
- Analysis of Historical information and KPIs
- Ad hoc forecasts and projections
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- A preference for CPA K and 1-2 years’ experience in a role with Accounting and Finance responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially, word and Excel
- Good knowledge of any accounting software e.g Sage, SAP, Pastel & Quick Books
- Must have a high level of integrity
- An enthusiastic individual with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyse data and proactively identify and address issues
- An initiative taker who enjoys working independently once you receive clear directions from the manager
- Role: Management Accounts Officer
- Team: Finance & Admin
- Level: Supervisory
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya