The Collaborative Centre for Gender and Development is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Finance Assistant.
The candidate will be reporting to the Finance Officer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant shall perform the following among other duties and responsibilities:
JOB DESCRIPTION OF FINANCE ASSISTANT
• Preparation of payment vouchers and writing of the cheques.
• Updating and generating monthly reports for Cashbook and Ledger.
• Posting general journal entries on the ledger.
• Assist in receiving and verifying payment requests, invoices to ensure accuracy and accountability.
• Assist in preparation of Petty cash reconciliation.
• Printing, Stamping and Filing of Finance documents (receipts, vouchers etc.) and ensure accurate record keeping.
• Prepare calculations and payments of NHIF, NSSF and KRA ensuring timely filing and payments of the same.
• Assist the Finance team in preparation of audit.
• Ensure timely input of data required for preparation of monthly and related financial statements.
• Coding and posting voucher entries into general ledger.
• Checking and verifying tax compliance of VAT is included in the invoices.
• Reconciling of the bank accounts monthly and creditor/debtors accounts and advising on how to resolve any differences.
• Monitoring and reinforcing internal controls and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Assist the Accountant in monitoring quarterly expenditure with the donor reporting guidelines.
• Advising the program staff on how to prepare requisitions in line with the prevailing and organizational policies.
• Ensuring timely payments of monthly payments.
• Supporting finance team in preparation of financial reports to donor partners.
• Perform any other duties that you may be asked to do from time to time your supervisor and CCGD.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements.
- Degree in Commerce/Business with a major in Finance/ Accounting and at least CPA part 2.
- Minimum of two-three years progressive experience in an NGO will be an added advantage
- Must be conversant in i tax, NSSF and NHIF.
- Able to prepare financial reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- A strong command of Microsoft Office Excel and other relevant computer applications
- Able to demonstrate hands on experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Solid understanding of Internal Controls, Accounting and Auditing principles.
Method of Application
Send your application letter and Curriculum vitae only to the HR officer on [email protected] and copy [email protected] clearly indicating the
position you are applying for before 24th March 2023.
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
N/B; Certificates and testimonials are not required at the application stage