The Embassy of Japan in seeking to recruit a candidate to fill in a vacant post for an Assistant for public relations and culture at the Japan Information & Culture Centre (JICC). The successful candidate will be required to work as part of the team at the JICC office located within the Embassy of Japan.
- Position Name: Assistant for public relations and culture
- Contract Type: Full time work
- Duration of contract: One year with the possibility of renewal
- Expected Starting Date: April 2023
- Closure Date of Application: 4:30 pm on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Qualifications and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of brand and content management as well as a thorough understanding of the Kenyan social media environment and culture
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing social media strategies, creating and managing content
- Strong communication skills
- Skills in graphic design and video production is an asset.
- Knowledge of Japanese culture, and/or language is an asset.
- Candidates must possess valid work authorisation for Kenya.
- Develop and implement a monthly social media calendar (at least 5 per month), including drafting textual and graphic content for the social media posts (Facebook, Twitter).
- Plan and execute social media campaigns
- Promote and manage content on the Embassy of Japan’s social media platforms
- Use analytics to measure and identify the Embassy’s audience growth, engagement, profile, content reach and leads.
- Supporting documents to verify qualifications listed on the CV
- Certificate of Good Conduct
Candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply, by submitting hard copies of their C.V. together with all the relevant supporting documents listed above, at the main security desk which is within the Embassy premises. The deadline to submit applications is Thursday, March 23, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Embassy for a further interview process. As part of the selection process, the shortlisted candidates will be required to take an interview and written exam. These candidates will be requested to take the interview and written exam in the last week of March 2023.
Kindly note that no telephone enquiries will be entertained.