Work Location: Dagahaley
Start date: 1st April 2023
Duration: 12 months fixed term contract (with 3 months’ probation period) renewable based on performance
Application deadline: 20th MARCH 2023
MSF is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Supply Chain officer
Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Act as backup for Supply Chain Officer and Storekeeper.
- Create In Kind donation orders/ Purchase Orders
- Essential: Diploma/Degree in Supply chain related studies
- At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs
- Essential mission working language and local language
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Service Orientation , Stress Management.
If you meet the above requirements, please provide all the document required :
– CV / Cover letter / Diploma, certificates / ID Card
And submit your application through the the link below :
In the dedicated application mail box in DAGAHALEY MSF OFFICE . Please mark the envelope with :
PURCHASER – MARCH 2023 ” to:
MSF Dagahaley refugee camp
Deadline for submission of applications 20th MARCH 2023.
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)