PCEA Chogoria Hospital was established in 1922 and serves as a referral and teaching hospital. It has a 295 bed capacity that focuses on the provision of Curative, Preventive and Promotive Health Care services in the greater Meru, Embu and as far as Isiolo and Marsabit Counties.
We are seeking to fill the following position :
PHARMACIST (1 POST)
Job purpose: Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in the management, use and control of Pharmaceuticals in the hospital and to work with all stakeholders (doctors and other caregivers) in ensuring efficient, ethical and safe application of pharmaco-therapy in patient management.
Minimum Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm) from a recognized university.
- Have successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate and Practice License from Pharmacy and Poisons Board, Kenya.
- 2 years’ work experience in a busy hospital setup
- Experience/ exposure with Oncology services an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite will be an added advantage.
- Have a valid practicing license
- Provide leadership in the pharmacy department
- Proactive and effective interventions at all stages of medication management and use system (MMU)
- Overseeing safe dispensing procedures and ensuring safe drug use processes (drug administration and monitoring of drug effects).
- Actively participating in drug-use-reviews (DUR) by advising prescribers on rational AND optimal pharmacological drug effects and by conducting appropriate patient education.
- Participating in antimicrobial stewardship initiatives.
- Promoting service excellence and client satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficient pharmacy service flow by managing turn-around-times.
- Participating in Quality Initiatives.
- Formulating and implementing quality related projects (PDCAs).
- Effective stock monitoring for optimal stock levels.
- Stock variance reporting and control.
- Preparation and timely submission of expected reports such as medication error report, interventions, stock variance and client satisfaction reports.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted. PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on 31st March, 2023. Submit your applications to [email protected]
For more information, kindly visit www.pceachogoriahospital.org