DiCe Clinical Officer
Posted 1 day ago
POSITION: DICE CLINICAL OFFICER
REPORTS TO: DICE IN-CHARGE
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya.
CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
She/he will provide high quality clinical care and follow up of clients accessing HIV care and treatment services at the Key Populations (KP) Drop in center (DICE); coordinate provision of KP combination HIV prevention package at the DICE; Lead provision of biomedical HIV prevention interventions including STI screening and syndromic management, contraceptive method mix, TB and Ca Cervix screening, GBV prevention and response, PEP and PreP services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide clinical management of DICE clients, including ART services per national guidelines.
- Lead and track implementation of Project HIFADHI PLUS (HIV treatment continuity using full accountability of data, health information systems and program Interventions including HIV case finding and viral suppression
- Lead in developing strategies that continually improve client’s access and uptake of HIV prevention services including outreach activities.
- Provide mentorship and build capacity of DICE non-clinical staff and field teams in microplanning and implementation of KP prevention activities
- Ensure 100% viral suppression of clients on ART through timely interventions.
- Ensure up to date record and management of client’s data on Kenya EMR
- Prepare and submit regular program reports (activity, monthly, etc)
- Document and disseminate program processes, outcomes, and lessons learnt including best practices.
- Lead facility QA and CQI activities and share weekly progress through MDT and weekly site performance review meetings.
- Participate in monthly site data and service quality assessment activities to sustain service and data quality standards.
- Provide comprehensive prevention package to clients including SRH, PrEP, PEP, IPT, STI and TB screening and treatment, GBV routine and clinical screening, CA Cervix screening.
Qualifications and professional skills
- Diploma or Degree in Clinical medicine
- Registered by Clinical officers Council of Kenya and in the annual retention register.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ clinical experience in a KP DICE providing HIV combination prevention package and comprehensive treatment and care services
- Experience in Kenya EMR is required.
- NASCOP certified training in HIV Care and Treatment services including STI management
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 27th March 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “DICE CLINICAL OFFICER – Kisumu on the subject line.
No file chosen