JOB TITLE: Procurement Officer – Kenya Small Business Development Centers (KSBDC)
DEPARTMENT: Strathmore University Business School
REPORTING TO: Finance and Administration Manager
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for evaluating suppliers, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved products and services are cost-efficient and of high quality. The person will ensure all vendor contracts meet the USAID requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the project team in the development of the Master Procurement Plan and contribute to regular updates of the plan in reference to annual project work plans.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager in the development of vendor prequalification exercise, solicitation documents, evaluation templates, managing responses, and evaluation preparation for vendor selection.
- Maintain the documentation of all procurement processes.
- Solicitation of quotations from vendors for the procurement of goods and services as per Strathmore University Procurement policies and USG guidelines.
- Conduct market research pertaining to prevailing market prices of products and services.
- Prepare quotation matrix for review and approval by the Program Finance and Administration Manager and Deputy Chief of Party.
- Ensure best procurement practices are observed at all times e.g., all certifications regarding conflict of interest and disclosure of relationships in procurement processes.
- Perform vendor checks for the exclusion list of parties through SAM.g,ov, OFAC and UN sanctions list.
- Support the Subcontracts Manager in ensuring all procurements are allowable and not restricted or prohibited under the USAID regulations.
- Conduct vendor appraisals and document any performance concerning decision- making.
- Maintain a systematic filing system of both hard and electronic copies of all procurements and subcontracts procured by the project.
- Support audits and reviews through availing of requested documentation when needed.
- Assist the Finance team to resolve audit issues related to procurement as needed.
- Review and provide recommendations to strengthen procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage the project’s property inventory, covering both non-expendable and expendable items, and ensure all assets are properly accounted at all times.
- Maintain and update complete inventory records.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement or Finance and Accounting is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience handling procurement-related functions.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively handle multiple concurrent procurements.
- Demonstrate good customer relations (both internally & externally).
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Procurement Officer, KSBDC’ to the People and Culture Manager, Strathmore University Business School, on [email protected] by end of the day(5.30 pm) Wednesday, 22nd March 2023.
Due to the large number of applications, we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University Business School is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.