The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with a regional office in Dakar, Senegal.
Our researchers are contributing to the body of evidence about the critical issues in population health and wellbeing impeding Africa’s development in order to provide strong direction and recommendations to policy- and decision-makers at all levels.
Our priority research areas are Human Development, Health and Well-Being, Data Science and Evaluation, and Population Dynamics and Urbanization in Africa.
In addition to the research component, APHRC has other programmatic areas in Research and Related Capacity Strengthening, Policy Engagement and Communications and International programs.
APHRC invites applications for Quantitative Field Interviewers in its teaching and assessment study.
The study will be conducted in Nairobi, Kajiado and Embu counties between June and July 2023.
The main objective of the study is to generate evidence that improves our understanding of the influence of assessments on teachers’ instructional practices inside the classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all scheduled training days and progress meetings.
- Mobilize study participants as defined in the study.
- Consent study participants prior to administering the survey.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with participants as sampled for the study.
- Complete, edit and submit all assigned interviews for verification by team leaders.
- Compile and submit a daily work progress report to the immediate supervisor.
- Ensure the safety of all assigned study tools and equipment.
- Any other related activity assigned by the research team.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) certificate, with a minimum grade of C Plain.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written.
- Experience in electronic data capture methods like survey CTO or Open Data Kit (ODK) and devices like electronic digital recorders.
- Must be a current resident of Nairobi, Kajiado or Embu counties(area of residence should be clearly indicated on the cover letter).
Application documents should include:
- Cover letter
- CV with contact details of three referees
- Copy of National ID
- Copies of your academic certificates and relevant testimonials.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the above documents via email to [email protected] by 10th May 2023. Please indicate on the subject line of the email “Quantitative Field Interviewer- Teaching and Assessment project”. In the cover letter, indicate your area of residence. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC and Flexi Personnel are equal opportunity employers and are committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.