The State Department for Livestock Development in collaboration with the County Government of Trans Nzoia is undertaking a Livestock Resources Data collection exercise for the development of Kenya Livestock Data Plan which is a roadmap to guide investment in the Livestock Sector. The purpose of the data collection is to establish baseline status of the Livestock Sector. The State Department is recruiting Enumerators on temporary basis to carry out data collection in Trans Nzoia County.
1. MUST be a resident of Trans Nzoia County.
2. Minimum of post-secondary qualification in Animal science related courses, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Agriculture, or any other Livestock related discipline from a recognized institution.
3. Computer proficiency.
4. Knowledge and experience in data collection methods.
5. Demonstrated ability to work on strict deadlines to meet targets.
6. Previous experience in electronic data collection using ODK/Kobo collect and ability to communicate in local language is an added advantage.
1. Attend the entire session of pre-survey training as will be required.
2. Administer the digital baseline livestock resources data collection tool within the assigned villages and households. Data collection will be done through the use of Android Smartphones.
3. Review the collected data with the field supervisor at the end of every day before sending to the server.
Smartphone minimum specifications.
1. Operating system: > Android-5
2. Battery capacity > 3000mAH
3. Camera > 5-megapixels, screen size: > 4 inch
Terms of Service.
Those qualified will be engaged for a maximum period of 15 continuous days.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.