Job Title: Driver and Office Assistant
Reports to: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Closing date: 02/06/2023
The role holder is expected to provide safe and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods. He/she will safely operate vehicles, always observe the Kenyan Highway Code and the organization’s policies on driving, and help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
The incumbent will ensure the safety and security of all passengers, pedestrians, other drivers and vehicles in town and on the field.
The incumbent will report to Human Resources and Administration Manager.
- Transport staff to their official work destinations, handle official office pick-ups and deliver documents to partners.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fuelling,pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts and tools, vehicle cleaning, persons travelling for packing instructions and timings).
- Ensure the logbook is maintained in the vehicle detailing trips, fuel, and service bookings daily.
- Always ensure the safety of the vehicle and maintain the cleanliness of the assigned vehicle.
- Monitor repairs and maintenance needs of the vehicle assigned and report such needs and other concerns, incidents, accidents, or defects of the vehicle to the supervisor.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to as far as safety, security, vehicle maintenance, and carrying of unauthorized passengers or goods are concerned.
- Ensure all necessary documentations e.g., licenses, insurance, inspection, and others for the vehicle, are always valid, and advise the supervisor about renewals of vehicle documents before they expire.
- Responsible for fuel requisition for the vehicle and for keying in all fuel used for the day and analyzing the consumption on a daily basis by recording starting and closing mileages.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of an accident.
- Be able to deal effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, or road condition.
- Any other office administrative duties may be assigned from time to time by the manager.
Suitable candidates should possess:
- Diploma Holder.
- Valid B-C-E (Clean driving License) and certificate of good conduct.
- 5 years of long-distance and off-road driving experience.
- Defensive driving skills and first aid skills are an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Good communication skills with fluency in English and Swahili.
- Strong knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and knowledge of local roads and routes.
How to Apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AECF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, register and apply at: https://recruitment.aecfafrica.org
The application deadline is June 2, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.