To produce an outstanding guest experience within the Banqueting concepts by managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Banquet Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximising profit.
- Responsible to Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager.
- Responsible for Banquet Supervisor, Waiter / Waitress.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Assist in leading the outlet efficiently in costs and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and assume training responsibilities as requested by Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager.
- Have an understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Conduct all outlet meetings in hos section.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Attend and contribute to necessary staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing MICROS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Assist in producing reports and analysis of the outlet and attend in the monthly performance meeting.
- Plan daily routine checklist and station division according to the work schedule.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the department.
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The sales are driven to the Banqueting department’s full potential and that budget is adhered to.
- A High quality of product and service is never compromised in the Banquet operations.
- The Banqueting department is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and communicated to the Head of Department.
- The growth of internal talent within the Banqueting department is successfully implemented.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree/ Diploma in Hotel management.
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education.
- Basic Certification in Food and Beverage Service Operations.
- At least three years experience in a similar position.
- Presentable, well spoken individual.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely.
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette.
- Knowledge of other foreign languages will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience in the use Micros and Fidelio.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service.
We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
- Job Identification957
- Job CategoryFood and Beverage
- Posting Date17/05/2023, 16:04
- Apply Before24/05/2023, 13:03
- Job ScheduleFull time
- Locations Villa Rosa Kempinski