Front Office Supervisor
As a Front Office Supervisor, you will demonstrate the essence of creating an exceptional guest journey. You are committed to taking care of the guests from the moment they arrive through to their departure with highly-tailored & engaging guest service.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise all tasks of his/her staff to ensure optimal guest satisfaction
- Greet all guests in a friendly and helpful manner and attempt to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity
- Register and room all arrivals according to established procedures
- Perform check in, check out and room change procedures and ensure all data are entered completely into the hotel systems
- Maintain cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all money received
- Cash hotel guests’ personal and travelers checks and assist with currency exchange
- Keep abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures for programs such as Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs, and Loyalty programs
- Attend to guest’s complaints, inquiries and requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Is familiar with other hotels so that guest indicating any next destination on the registration card can be “sold” on an onward booking to other Accor Hotels
- Perform the audit balances and prepare all works for audit in an orderly fashion
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures
- Maintain exemplary department standards of behavior and appearance and attitude
- Ensure that the front desk work area is kept clean and in an orderly state at all times
- Conducts shift briefings to communicate hotel activities and operational requirements
Your experience and skills include:
- Skilled in Front Office operations and supervision with the ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience with at least 2 year at a supervisory level
- Penchant for customer service and effectively manage guest complaints
- Ability to train and manage a dynamic team
- Excellent English communication skills; both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Micros or similar POS systems, Opera or similar PMS systems and Microsoft Software
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya’s colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi’s finest and best-known luxury hotel.
The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 170 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens.
The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi’s most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader.
We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality.
We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/