Location: Kakuma, Turkana County, Kenya
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners
Lutheran World Federation Kenya- Somalia, Dadaab and Kakuma Program is seeking to recruit a National staff for the following position;
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The job holder is responsible for inspection, receiving, issuing and dispatch of program supplies to facilitate smooth operations at the camp.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule deliveries for supply of goods and services to ensure minimal disruption of the day-to-day operations.
- Attend to store enquiries keeping user departments informed of available stocks as well as corresponding stock levels.
- Issue and receive stocks for storage and also ensure timely issuance of the same to the user dept.
- Label stock as received to support easy identification and to protect against theft.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date store records for purposes of accountability.
- Conduct stock checks so as to identify wear or defects, ensure such stock is replaced and accounted for in the books of accounts for cost management purposes.
- Provide suggestions for areas of improvement in the management of stock to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of service.
- Arrange received goods in the store to support ease of accessibility and retrieval as well as minimize accidents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply Chain Management or related field
- At least 1 year of working experience in procurement
- Relevant Professional certifications – KISM
- Valid driving license.
- Knowledge of current procurement policies, processes and procedures.
Strong emphasis on keen attention to accuracy and details
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office suite such as Word, Excel
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A good team player with high degree of initiative and flexibility.
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.
- The closing date for this application is 29th May 2023.
- Contract Duration: Annual Fixed Term, with possibility of renewal.
- Position is open to Kenya Nationals only.
Application closes: May 28, 2023