Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a DREAMS Biomedical Officer in Siaya County.
Overall Job Function
The Biomedical Officer will provide clinical services to eligible Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW); including and not limited to; HIV Testing Services (HTS) services, family planning, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) screening and treatment, contraceptive mix and post violence care services, Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and ensure linkage to necessary services within the supported sub county.
- Provide comprehensive biomedical interventions including HIV testing services, reproductive health products, post rape care services, male partner services, PrEP and linkage to other clinical services to AGYW in the safe space
- Coordinate and implement all biomedical services in the safe spaces
- Support identification and enrollment of eligible AGYW and ensure structured layering and graduation from the program
- Ensure proper case management and continuity of biomedical services
- Ensure proper documentation, tracking of biomedical services and retention of PrEP
- Ensure real time, correct update of biomedical services in the DREAMS database
- Ensure proper biomedical commodity management and accountability in the safe spaces
- Provide post violence care services and participate in community violence response sensitisation
- Coordinate violence response activities within the safe space in collaboration with SASA! Coordinators
- Link AGYW to other HIV prevention programs and services
- Maintain proper medical records on the type of services given and ensure client confidentiality
- Support data management to ensure regular and timely collection, entry and accurate reporting
- Ensure availability of all clinical SOPs, tools and guidelines
- Offer necessary services to AGYW sexual partners
- Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Diploma in Nursing or Clinical Medicine
- Demonstrated two years’ experience in HIV programs
- Experience in DREAMS program will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with donor funded HIV program implementation, documentation and reporting.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to [email protected] clearly indicating the subject title as DREAMS Biomedical Officer: CHS/HR/STP/DBO/03/2023 by 5.00 PM, Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.