POSITION: NURSING OFFICER
LOCATION: KYUMBI DICE, MACHAKOS
REPORTS TO: KEY POPULATION OFFICER
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Nurse Counselor will be responsible for provision of clinical services both at the DiCE and outreaches. Coordinate and take charge to oversee clinical services at the outreach sites and supervise Peer Educators (PEs) and Outreach Workers (ORWs) to enhance optimum KP community mobilization for services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focal person at the DiCE in coordinating PEs, ORWs, and PHDP champions, ensuring community mobilization is optimized towards KP Prev target achievement.
- Render ART services to Key populations as per the National guidelines for ART
- Ensure all clients initiated on ART are screened for TB and all those eligible for IPT are initiated on IPT.
- Screening and treatment of STIs as per the current algorithm.
- Offer cervical cancer screening to sex workers.
- Take lead of clinical services at the outreach sites.
- Support the DiCE in charge populate monthly reports in ART, TB and other clinical services rendered.
- Ensure completeness of the clients’ folders and entry to respective registers including cohort registers and Kenya EMR.
- Any other program duty as may be assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Education: Diploma in Nursing/clinical medicine with a valid practicing license and registered with reputable Council in Kenya.
- Experience: 2 years working experience in a clinical setting (experience in KP is an added advantage)
Skills & Attributes:
- Good Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Good report-writing skills
- Results orientated
- Good Leadership skills
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Motivation and Innovation
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before June 9, 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “NURSING OFFICER” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.