Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya.
- Support dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, instruments and materials by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepare patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, review the health form and draping patient.
- Assemble instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentists’ access, suctioning and passing instruments.
- Apply the four-handed/ Four-eyes dentistry concept.
- Assist the dentist by mixing materials.
- Provide diagnostic information by capturing intra oral photo studies, pulp vitality testing and pouring, trimming and polishing study casts.
- Assist with specialty procedures which include periodontal therapy, endodontic, prosthodontics, oral surgery and implant placement as well as restoration.
- Fabricating temporary restoration, shade selection and cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Educate patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control and postoperative instructions including medication prescribed by the dentist.
- Document dental care services by charting in patient records on dental software.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations as per hospital policy.
- Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for laboratory maintenance, dental clinical and record keeping.
- Follow up on external dental Lab work.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health or an equivalent.
- 2 years’ work experience as a Dental Assistant.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Empathetic towards patients of all ages
- Culturally sensitive
- Ability to work in a team
- Attentive to detail
: Aga Khan University Hospital Kenya
: 26/05/2023, 11:40:41 AM
: 10/06/2023, 9:59:00 PM