Management of inventory in outreach to ensure control and policies regarding inventory are adhered to in order to achieve the hospital’s objective of providing high quality patient healthcare.
· Monthly reconciliation of stock values in Meditech and Peoplesoft taking into account the stock in transit, condemnation and cancellation/returns.
· Preparation of audit schedule for outreach surprise random count to ensure proper reconciliation and support for the entries & provide report on findings and actions taken.
· Verify orders requested versus issued from outreach stores both on the system and physically
· Monitor stock holding amount and days in all inventory locations.
· Monitor short expiries, returns to suppliers and expired stock. Provide monthly reports on the same.
· Confirm & approve all expired medication and provide a trend analysis.
· Monitor and analyze supplies cost for all centers.
· Carry out background analysis on all transactions for cancellations prior to approval.
· Analyze and approve adjustments and provide trend analysis per location and department
· Forecast the supply and demand requirements to ensure consistent stock levels.
· Analyze the consumption/ usage/ condemnation/ slow moving trends and sensitivity of the stocks requested to avoid under/overstocking
· Identify and mitigate business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
· Tracking operational costs towards maintaining profit-margins by monitoring revenue generation trends against cost of goods sold/used.
· Work closely with Purchasing and Supply Chain Management department (PSCMD) to ensure that contracts are fulfilled e.g., service and maintenance of Equipment (e.g., labs, radiology etc.), replacements, disposal etc.
· Ensure all laboratory & radiology equipment in outreach are tagged, if transferred then asset transfer forms are filled.
· Work with programmers to come up with alerts that will assist in monitoring reorder points and initiate action to replenish stock.
· Develop and maintain own professional competence and knowledge by keeping abreast of new developments, concepts, work methods etc. both clinical and professional.
· To develop, train staff and implement the improved inventory procedures and practices.
· Any other duty as may be assigned by management
Qualifications and skills required
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance
· ACCA/CPA finalist
· MS Office proficient
· 4 years’ work experience in the field of inventory management
· Must be honest and with high level of integrity
· Good reporting and analyzing skills
· Leadership skills
· Ability to work in a team and independently.
· Good Interpersonal & Communication skills
· Attention to detail.
· Good organization and administrative skills
· Business letters & report writing skills