M.P Shah Hospital is looking to recruit a professional, and evidence-driven person for a vacancy in Theatre Nurse.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager- Theatre, the overall purpose of this role is to provide general nursing care to patients suffering from general medical or surgical conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Patient care – Provide holistic patient care, including physical, mental, and social wellbeing
2. Respond to emergencies – Instantly respond to medical emergencies and immediately alert the senior nurse on duty and doctor on duty.
3. Administer Medication – Administer prescribed medicine to patients either orally or parenterally and there offer to monitor patients for side effects.
4. Monitoring of vital signs – Monitor and document vital signs, hydration status and conduct diagnostic tests. In the case of abnormal findings and seek help from the senior nurses or the doctor on duty.
5. Assist in Surgical operation – Prepare patients for complex procedures and assist doctors during the procedures as prescribed.
6. Waste management – Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with MP Shah Hospital IPC Guidelines on waste management.
7. Customer care – Educate patients and family members on treatments and care plans. Answer all of the patients’ and family members’ questions
8. Liaise with other medical professionals – Work with other medical professionals such as surgeons, physicians and physiotherapists that are treating the patient, update them on the patient’s status, and receive orders or patient care recommendations.
9. Perform routine procedures – Conduct routine activities such as safety checks, IV insertion urinary catheterization and changing of wound dressing.
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Must be a qualified and Registered Nurse (RN/RM/KRCHN/BSN).
2. Must have valid licensure from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
3. Must have an in-depth understanding of safety guidelines.
4. Diploma/Certificate in Per-operative Nursing (KRPON).
5. 2 years of continuous clinical nursing practice.
6. Must have Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
7. Experience providing direct nursing care in surgical cases and/or OR within the last 6 months required.
Interested and qualified candidates in the above position are encouraged to forward their CVs and application letters to [email protected] on or before 08th June 2023.